Thursday, September 4, 2014

An Open Letter to My Kids

As we prepare to welcome our new addition, baby Sawyer, to our happy family, I have mixed emotions. I sit here peering out the window watching the three of you play and I feel more blessed than ever to be your mom. The thought that one more little precious person will call me mommy as well,  overwhelms me. Growing up, I always thought I knew how my life would play out. I'd be married to a wonderful man and have a son and a daughter. The perfect family of four, just like I had growing up. However, I have come to learn that our God is greater, our God stronger...our God is higher than any other. God had a different plan entirely. He blessed me with an amazing man that I couldn't be happier to call my husband and the daddy of my children...my four children. But, God double the love he knew I had in me. He has given me two more babes than I thought I wanted. I have THREE bouncing boys and one beautiful little girl that I get to call my best friend. The bond I have with each of you is so different from one another but equally so very special. You three-Ethan, Corbin and Taya, are my world. You bring me so much joy. More joy than I think I deserve at times. 

Ethan - I love your sense of purpose. I love that you think you're unstoppable. The determination you have inspires me. I look forward to seeing you grow into a great young man.

Corbin - You are one amazing athlete. You succeed at everything you do. You impress me on a daily basis. There really is nothing you can't do. 

Princess Taya - You are one spunky little girl. A little girl that has my whole heart. I love that one minute you are telling it like it is, sassing me and the next you're snuggled up in my arms. 

I'm nervous about the future and having another baby to raise but when I look at you three, I see hope and the promise of a happy, fulfilling life. The happiness that only the three (four) of you can give. I think about how much I love each of you and how fulfilling being your mom really is. I can't wait to share that love with your baby brother. I can't wait to make great memories with Sawyer as well.
So...here we go. Our family of five is soon becoming a whopping family of six. And, I wouldn't have it any other way.
  
-With all my love....to infinity and beyond,

Mom, Momma, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment