Wednesday, September 3, 2014

An Open Letter to Matt

Here we are...fifteen years, three weeks and a day after we said "I do", anticipating the arrival of our FOURTH child. A son. Another little being to care for and adore. Another little man that will look up to you and think you, of all people, hang the moon. 

Another apprentice to watch your every move. One more guy to teach how to throw the ball, turn a wrench, fix a flat, pitch a tent and so many more things I can't wait to see. You are and have always been an amazing daddy. First, with Ethan and Corbin and then with princess Taya. You are a hero in all their eyes. You are a hero in my eyes. The man that makes us smile when we're sad, giggle when we're sick and hope when we're down. You make us all believe we can accomplish anything. You encourage us to dream big and reach for nothing less than the stars. 

You bring so much laughter and happiness. The way you live life. You hold nothing back. You see the best in everyone you meet. You don't have an enemy in the world. At least not in my eyes. You, to me...to us, are pure joy. You are the picture of what a husband and more importantly what a daddy should be. You are teaching our sons how to treat their lady. Teaching Taya how to expect to be treated by her man. You show me on a daily basis how to be a better friend, mommy and person. 

After so many years, so many ups, so many downs, there is not a single minute on earth I would trade for what we've had and the life we've made. Our kids are well rounded, polite, kind, big hearted little people that you and I can be proud of.

The amount of love we share for Ethan, Corbin and Taya is immeasurable. The love we will share for Sawyer is unstoppable. My love for you is unconditional. 

I know we have many years still ahead filled with both happy and sad times but together, with the love, laughter and support of our precious family, we will make it. 

I truly do love you, Matt...to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment