Tuesday, April 1, 2014

We're Having Another...?

Exciting, exciting, exciting. We had our regularly scheduled OB visit today and decided to have a "sneak peak" sono. The heartbeat was perfect at 150 and baby was relaxed as could be. We could actually see the baby taking gulps of water :) Precious. The little legs were bent up with the feet crossed at the ankles so it was a bit tricky to see the "turtle" or the "hamburger".

After some poking and prodding on my belly(which I'm pretty sure bothered me more than the baby), we were able to get a side view.

We're having another......BOY!

Initially, we all 5 wanted another girl. Taya wanted a baby sister. Matt and I wanted another baby girl and the boys just didn't want another boy. However, I have told Matt and the kids for the past few weeks that I just knew I was carrying another boy. Mothers intuition, I guess.  When I stop and look around and picture a baby in our house and in our lives, I always see a baby boy. Not a baby girl. I guess mothers really do know best.

I think the fact that Taya will remain our baby girl, the only girl, our little princess, is pretty darn special. She can teach him everything she knows about horses. Corbin can teach him how to be an amazing athlete. Ethan can teach him how to be a great sprinter/runner. This new baby brother will have great role models.

We showed the kids the sono pictures when they got home from school. Told them our new addition was another brother. I was nervous but to my great surprise they all three were so excited. The boys will have a new "teammate". Taya will have a baby brother.

I mentioned that Taya and I were still going to be outnumbered when she popped off that no we won't. Apparently, we have 10 members of our family. Matt, Ethan, Corbin, the new baby, Oreo(Tayas rabbit),  me, Taya, our dog Maci and Corbin and Ethan's two female guinea pigs. Ten family members. According to Taya, that's the perfect family...I tend to agree. The perfect COMPLETE family.

Now....we officially get to argue about boy baby names.

No comments:

Post a Comment